11/06/2006

Antigua, Guatemala





The experience in Antigua is a little bit amazing.





I arrived here on Thursday, and had my Spanish lessons on Friday.



During the break of the lessons, I tried to go around in the area of my school.



Since the buildings, the houses in Antigua are all quite similar to one another



I started to think, is this city just like that? (*1)





The impression had been changed for a while.



I tried to go farther to the northern part of the city,



where I saw a beautiful light yellow arch with few ruins of this city from two severe earthquakes in 1773,



and also I bumped into an indoor market with rich flavorful merchandise of Maya, and nearby I met the most beautiful cathedral for me in Antigua



I found that this was actually an amazing city.





However, Antigua is still such a small city



Even there are a few beautiful buildings and some archaic and historical ruins



She begins to bore me



And the various impressions I have for the city is just somewhat complex





I can't wait to leave for Lago de Atitlán





^1 In fact, I don't want to call it a 'city'. Although I don't know the population, it's really small on the basis of area. We just can browse all the parts of Antigua within an hour by car.





No comments: